Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Maties Paralympics Medal Winners


Continuing in my current series of photos on Athletes I recently took photos of the Maties Medal Winners at the 2008 Beijing Paralympics. Group photos can be quite difficult if you want a soft enveloping light. If you dont have a huge 2m parabolic dish the solution can be quite simple. I use a 1.8 m scrim diffuser that I place before two 500W lights. I raise this light to about waist height. I make sure to get a bit of hair light by placing two 300W strobes to the sides of the group, giving them a bit of highlight from the back. To get a group together for a final photo is of course quite difficult. If you are not working with professional models that chances that all three people will have a good face at the same time decreases exponentially. In the end you will just need to take quite a few photos and do some photoshop if it needs it. I did minimal photoshop in this image though. I just darkened the sky and the background with a bit of burning. I did include a photoshop fault in this image. Check if you can see it.



No comments: